Cell at Eastern State

Cell at Eastern State

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Short Story

Just finishing up a short story, a form I haven't worked in for a good long while. Now I have to figure out what to do with the story - whether to submit it to a magazine, podcast it or think of something else useful.

I've always loved short stories, which are now an endangered species, at least in print. There are probably more stories than ever out on the web (where I still have a few, cruising around cyberspace like killer asteroids), but the collected book is rarer than ever. That's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned, by Wells Tower. Friends of mine who specialize in short stories will typically have to get novels published first before their collections might be considered for publication.

Some of my favorite writers specialize in short stories, like Amy Hempel and Annie Proulx. Drop me a line and tell me about some of your favorite short stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment