Cell at Eastern State

Cell at Eastern State

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rewards

I had such a great week last week I wanted to stop and make sure I said thanks to everyone who helped me get the word out about Dope Thief. My friends Laurie and Whit Webb were the most gracious hosts, putting me up in a beautiful house in Wilmington, North Carolina and showing me an excellent time.

Laurie set up my Crime Workshop at Pomegranate Books AND my interview with NPR affiliate WHQR, which were both a ton of fun and went really well. This is Laurie, Whit and their little guys, Gray and Micah.

The folks at Pomegranate were also amazing, getting the word out so effectively that the Crime Fiction Workshop I did at their store was attended by more than thirty people; a great, funny and smart crowd of readers and writers.

I also wanted to thank Olivia from Ukazoo again, who also did an excellent job packing the house when I did the Crime Writing Workshop at Ukazoo Books in Towson, MD. She got the word out all over the place and event got the workshop a mention on WYPR, the local NPR affiliate.

Friday night I was at the Chestnut Hill Book Festival, a brand new event in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia, and that was also a great time. I sat on a panel hosted by Ed Pettit and including Kelly Simmons and Jon McGoran, who helped organize several panels and speakers for the event. Kate O'Neill from the Chestnut Hill Business Association did an excellent job coordinating what must have been an incredibly complex event featuring dozens of panels and speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment