Cell at Eastern State

Cell at Eastern State

Friday, August 21, 2009

30 Minute Crime Writing Workshop

Forces of Darkness,

It's time again for my free 30-Minute Crime Writing Workshop, to be held next Saturday, the 29th of August, at the Borders Express in the Montgomeryville Mall in North Wales, PA.

I'll be reading from 'Dope Thief' as well as from classic crime novels by authors like Elmore Leonard, Lawrence Block and my pals Scott Phillips and Christa Faust. We'll talk about the elements of crime fiction and I'll put the attendees through a guided exercise in writing mayhem.

How can we get all this done in 30 minutes? (I'll give you a hint: The secret ingredient is lying).

I've done these workshops in locations all over the east coast and it's always been a ton of fun. Come on out and see which of your neighbors is secretly plotting a murder!

No comments:

Post a Comment