Cell at Eastern State

Cell at Eastern State

Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Criminal Obsessions

Dwellers in Darkness,

I thought I'd list some of the odd stuff I'm obsessed with and that, given the time, I'd eventually like to write about at more length.

Over the next few days or weeks, look for short pieces about the following:

The Alice Crimmins Case, which inspired Mary Higgins Clark's first novel, "Where Are the Children?"

Barbara Graham, whose life inspired the movie, "I Want to Live."

Urban Snipers Charles Whitman and his lesser-known imitator Mark James Robert Essex.

The Zoot Suit Riots, referenced in James Ellroy's "The Black Dahlia" and lampooned in Stephen Spielberg's movie, "1941."

Unsolved murders like the Zodiac, the Anthrax case of 2001, and the Black Dahlia, and why some unsolved cases stick in the public memory while others fade.

Love to hear from you about crimes, solved or unsolved that you can't stop thinking about and that you think reflect some interesting truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment