Cell at Eastern State

Cell at Eastern State

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Minotaur Spring Catalog

Huddled Masses,

The new Spring catalog is out from my publisher, Minotaur Books , and you can see The Wolves of Fairmount Park under 'July.'

You can also see what the jacket art is most likely going to look like, though it might be tweaked slightly, according to my editor. It has a nicely dark, gothic feel, doesn't it? Let me know what you think.

The book centers on the shooting of two boys in front of a dope house in Philadelphia, and it follows a young detective and the addict uncle of one of the boys as they each try to uncover what actually led to the shooting.

I hope it will appeal to everyone who enjoyed Dope Thief. Wolves is a more complex story, told from multiple viewpoints, including family members, cops and criminals, but it's still in the same dark thematic territory of violent crime, broken families, corruption and the desperate wishes of deeply flawed people that they can finally do the right thing.

I think bound manuscripts should be available soon, and I hope to be able to get out to even more bookstores, libraries, conferences and workshops next year than I did this year in support of Dope Thief.

1 comment: