Cell at Eastern State

Cell at Eastern State

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking Forward, Looking Back

Dope Thief appeared on some 'best of' lists for crime fiction for the year, and in some excellent company:

January Magazine's Best Crime Fiction of the Year list in a nice mention by Kevin Burton Smith.

BSC Reviews Best Mystery/Crime Fiction of the Year in the lists from Keith Rawson and Brian Lindenmuth, both of whom have been incredible in getting the word out about Dope Thief.

And it turns out Dope Thief was the best selling crime book at Farley's Bookshop in New Hope, which is a really cool thing to have happen at a store that's been so supportive.

Highlights for 2010:

I'll have a short story, "Doe Run Road" at the excellent crime website, Plots With Guns.

I'm working on a story right now for CrimeFactory. I'll let everyone know the title as soon as it's accepted. Crimefactory was a cool crime zine that's being revived by Keith Rawson and Cameron Ashley and should be back as a website in January.

In June, my second novel The Wolves of Fairmount Park, will be coming from Minotaur Books.

I'll also have a story in the upcoming Philadelphia Noir, from Askashic Books, edited by Carlin Romano. I don't have a date yet, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Hope everyone has an excellent New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment