Cell at Eastern State

Cell at Eastern State

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Upcoming events

July 21st I'll be putting on my Crime Fiction Workshop at a new venue for me, the Nuyorican Poets Cafe on East 3rd in Manhattan. This time I'll be joined by writer, teacher and multiple fiction prize-winner August Tarrier. August and I have been developing a curriculum for fiction workshops and we thought this would be a great way to begin, hosting a workshop in New York at the NPC.

The Nuyorican Poets Cafe has been one of the most interesting and innovative arts forums in the country since its founding in the early seventies by poet Miguel Algarin as a get-together in his living room. The forum has grown into a vibrant and dynamic arts organization, hosting a full calendar of poetry, theater, music and literary events. And what better place to put on a crime fiction workshop than the regular haunt of poet, author and judge Edwin Torres, author of the crime classic Carlito's Way?

Please note that I've also rescheduled my sidewalk signing at Farley's Bookshop in New Hope, and will now be there signing on the afternoon of Saturday July 24th. Farley's is one of my favorite bookstores in the world, and I've been hanging out and buying books there since I was about 13. Please come on by!

No comments:

Post a Comment